Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lab, Lochs and Late Dinners

Some very exciting updates today and some fun meals!

This morning I had an early discussion group on the Bioarchaeology of Growth and Stature. These are two hours classes where part of the class presents on a topic and we debate it. This was one of my weeks to present. While the actual presentation is quite boring, I love the discussion section. Since I was presiding over the debate, I got to play devil's advocate and bring up interesting and contradictory points. It was fun!

After that, I set out to work on my dissertation. After banging my head against the table for an hour, I made lunch. In honor of my father it was an omelet. The first true omelet I've ever made. I acutally flipped it! It looked quite professional.



Who knew you could turn two eggs, butter, Scottish organic cheddar and broccoli into such a wonderful meal. It gave me the energy to push through my studies.

I'm working on a volunteer project for the city, so in my free time (hah!) I head into the lab and sort through animal and human bone, identifying the tiny commingled bits. From there, it was straight over to the International Student Center.

This is the exciting part. My friend and I are heading out on an amazing vacation in 3 weeks. For an entire weekend we will be roaming around central Scotland. And we get to stay over night at this place.


The intinerary includes Glengoyne distillary, a couple nature walks, Loch Lomond, and some fun meals and activities! It was cheap too. It's nice to have something like this to look forward to.

We didn't get back until 7, so it was a late dinner. I made the Katy Pasta toss, with prawns, corgettes, spinach and loads of garlic. Lauren made some garlic bread to share, and we watched an interesting Zoo show while eating.

Now its How I met Your Mother time, and then back to the books until bed!

1 comment:



  1. overseas education consultants in ameerpet do you want to study in abroad today or in the next intake. we are the best and top rated study abroad consultancies in india with good visa assurance.we help you in filing the f1 visa for you in very less time. we are also help you with information needed to apply for the college university.

    ReplyDelete