Saturday, February 13, 2010

Markets and Meat Eating

There is nothing more relaxing than Saturday when your only goal is to write one page on vitamin D, and you finish that goal by 11am. With that sense of accomplishment, I can honestly say that I feel 100% alright with spending the rest of the day goofing around.


Last night I had one of my weekly tasting team practices. We had an amazing German reisling. If there is one thing I miss about NY, its the wine. However, German reislings taste like home. The wine we had was from Mosel, and reminded me of Love Reisling from Imagine-Moore Winery. Yum.


This morning, as I already said- was quite productive. Laundry- cleaned, Emails- replied, Trauma articles- read, Essay section- written. Since the weather is fairly nice out today, my friend and I ended up doing our favorite saturday activity: the Edinburgh Farmer's market.
The market is literally below the castle, which makes for a nice walk and a nice break from studying. Every time we go we've been trying a different type of burger since the market coincides perfectly with lunch time. The first time was buffalo, the second was ostrich, and this week was angus aberdeen (mine with onion, hers without). I love that they put huge fresh slices of cheddar on every burger, and fresh carmelized onions.
Its simply divine. And this is why I am a bad vegetarian. I admit it- I LOVE meat. Of course, I only want to eat happy meat, so the farmer's market is perfect. We are literally getting the meat straight from the source. Okay- not straight from the source, but close enough. And I've seen photos of the farms. The cow looked pretty happy. Stop judging me!
The plan for the rest of the afternoon, once I finish my cup of tea, is to continue onto the next section of my research. Tonight we have our saturday night dinner plan of watching Total Wipeout (think MXC British Style), and eating dinner. Then it's off to a birthday party.
Oh my god! Sunlight outside! Must bask in window before it goes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment