Sunday, March 7, 2010

Anatomy of the Living Pod

Currently my life has been consumed by two things: my stupid laptop and my final essays. I've been attempting to continue being social- but hey, with 3 weeks left I am just going to put my head down an focus on these essays.

So I figured I'd update on what life is like in my living pod. I often feel like I'm in some science fiction book, where space is maximized by people being forced to live in identical personality restricting pods.

In the first picture you'll see my desk, bookshelf, bulletin board and trash bin. Note the awesome Lonely planet calendar flanked by x-rays of skeletons, family photos, various cards I've received from the family, important dates and other stuff. I've also got the big stack of library books, and various papers strewn about. But that's what essay writing is all about. Also have to have the two nalgenes, blue for water and green for tea.











On the opposite side of the pod is the sleeping area. Wet towels hung on the closet, wet shirts hung on the chair. Scotty #2 sprawled on the bed. Horrible Holiday Inn type curtains. Since I don't have room I leave my alarm clock and current books on the radiator. Also, you can't see it, but the window sill has two bottles of wine and various fruit (I think kiwi and grapefruit right now). The sill is actually cold enough to function as a fridge.











And just because I felt like it... here was Friday's lunch. In honor of it being Friday, I treat myself to something Scotlandy and yum: Smoked Salmon and cream cheese on toast, with a big salad, and giant glass of V8 from my Kronenbourg glass (yes- the bro is super jealous of the glass, and no he can't have it). Note the computer screen showing an episode of "Always Sunny in Philly".











Well, now it's back to work. I have a lot to do before the weekend is over, and time is running out quick.

Oh- saw Alice in Wonderland yesterday. Brilliant. Totally Mint. Must check it out. Loved every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment