Monday, March 1, 2010

Loch Lomond Trip (Pronounced LaCCCK Low-mon)

This last weekend we went on a trip to Loch Lomond, the biggest loch in Scotland. We went with the international student center, so it was pretty cheap and really easy! This is a picture of our very sexy tour bus.


I'm not usually a fan of buses, but this one wasn't bad at all and they always made sure that we took frequent photo and coffee stops.

Our guide also chatted the entire time, telling jokes and stories about Scotland. I love hearing the history of the area, and its fun to see all the places that I've been reading about! We heard about William Wallace, Rob Roy, and other general historical facts.
The next photo is me with the very sexy and very Scottish- Hamish. He's a highland cow, and he's so fluffy! He also drools, a lot.











The next is a photo of the Loch itself. It was so pretty and was shockingly huge. Luckily when we took a hike around it the weather was nice and we even got a little sun. As you can see, in some of the areas we had a ton of snow- so it was pretty chilly for most of the trip. The next photo was my obligatory leg out while standing on a rock (sadly the rock didn't make the photo). The castle in the background was struck by lightning in the 18th century and abandoned. Sad.

At night we had a ceilidh (scottish square dance) and a fun talk about history and kilts and weapons. We also got to try some local beers. It was really fun to get out of Edinburgh and do some travelling.
I think my favorite part was taking a hike in the Trossachs. The sun came out and we got to wander in the woods for a bit. It was so peaceful! I love getting away and getting some time to NOT think.
For more of the photos check out my photo page on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment